What Are Positive Daily Affirmations?
By: Evelyn Lim
Affirmations are positive thoughts or statements about some outcome you wish to achieve, such as wealth, success, or health. Instead of negative self-talk, you can use positive daily affirmations to direct what your focus will be. You can conquer your past and present fears, and enjoy your present or create the future by affirmation. Affirmations redirect your values, help formulate goals, or prepare you for situations, whenever or wherever they may occur.
You can say your positive daily affirmations silently or aloud to yourself. Repetition of affirmations will also counteract negative thoughts that may stream through your mind, automatically sometimes. You may write affirmations on a card ─ carried in your pocket, taped to a mirror, or placed where it is always visible to you. Repeat your positive affirmations at intervals throughout your day, to reinforce the positive belief and to maintain a positive state of mind.
It takes constant practice to focus on an affirming thought. Initially, you may not find it easy to hear the affirmation above the internal noise of negative thoughts and feelings. Given enough time, however, you can change most of the basic ideas about yourself by positive daily affirmations.
Positive Daily Affirmations VideoHow To Develop Your Own Postive Daily Affirmations?
Self-developed affirmations (the ones you compose yourself) are the most effective positive daily affirmations. If you couple them with clearly defined written goals and applied faith, their power is unlimited.
To be truly effective, you must write your own affirmations and believe in them; they must have a profound impact on you emotionally. Your firm belief that what you are affirming is possible is crucial, because once you start believing that something is possible, it becomes probable. Without that firm belief, further repetition of your affirmations will just be futile. An affirmation should be a belief in yourself. The desires and dreams that your mind can conceive bear seeds of possibility, and possibilities ultimately become realities.
The emotional dimension of each affirmation should never be overlooked. When you can actually ‘feel' your affirmation, not just utter or read them, their total impact increases immensely. The written affirmations (thus your goals) must ignite an emotional reaction in you, else they simply fall flat.
You should state your positive daily affirmations in the present tense, that is, use "I am..." rather than "I will be..." Saying things in the present tense will program your subconscious mind to believe that what you affirm is already fact. When the subconscious believes that, it will start arranging for bringing what you affirm to you. In other words, the subconscious will drive you to perform the actions needed to live out what you affirm; and, acting thus, you will create the circumstances that make them actually happen for you.
Another important guideline in formulating your affirmations is to write them in the positive state. Many people have the tendency to write affirmations in the negative state ─ which immediately defeats the purpose and the effectiveness of the affirmation. Affirmations written from the negative perspective will never work.
When you convince yourself not to follow certain behaviour, you only bring yourself from the negative to neutral, but there is no movement forward to the positive. When you underscore the positive, you automatically start from a positive note, and you naturally shift your mind-set to forward-looking, positive thinking.
I am wealthy and abundant Positive Daily Affirmations for Abundance
1. All the things I want and need come to me.
2. I always receive more than what I need.
3. I have a bank account with more than enough.
4. I am an abundant person.
5. I create abundance in all that I say and do.
6. I accept abundance.
7. I welcome, and am open to receive all abundance that comes.
8. I draw abundance to myself today and every day.
I am Successful Positive Daily Affirmations For Success
Examples of positive daily affirmations for success include:
1. I am successful.
2. Everything I do turns into success.
3. I am filled with success.
4. Success comes effortlessly to my direction.
5. My success is contagious, other people like it, seek it and respect it.
6. I attract positive-minded people to me; I draw all things positive to myself.
7. I am very fortunate to work at what I love to do.
8. I make powerful and enjoyable business relationships and many of my business contacts are now my friends.
I have happy relationships. Positive Daily Affirmations For Relationships
Examples of positive daily affirmations for relationships include:
1. I am a confident and positive person, and confident and positive persons gravitate toward me everyday.
2. I know who I obviously am and what I like in personal relationships.
3. I am attracting powerfully positive and healthy people into my life.
4. I am caring, smart, supportive, loyal, and fun to be with.
5. I feel completely at ease and comfortable with all types of people.
6. I am winning in all my relationships.
7. I am a positive and valuable contributor to my relationships.
8. I possess complete ability to articulate my thoughts and feelings to everyone, and I express myself wisely.
Self Esteem AffirmationsPositive Daily Affirmations For Self Esteem
Examples of positive daily affirmations for self esteem include:
1. I am sure of my ability to do what is necessary to improve my life.
2. If I make mistakes, I am able to give myself the benefit of the doubt.
3. I feel basically worthy as a person.
4. I am able to take risks and try new things without fear.
5. I feel good about the way I do my job.
6. I feel about myself pretty much what others think of me.
7. I have compassion for myself and the way my life has developed.
8. I am deserving of all the good things in my life.
I am healthy Positive Daily Affirmations For Health
Examples of positive daily affirmations for health include:
1. I am glowing with health and wholeness.
2. I behave in ways that promote my health more every day.
3. I deserve to be in perfect health.
4. I am highly motivated to exercise my body because I find exercise as fun.
5. I love nutritious healthy food, and I enjoy eating fresh fruits and vegetables.
6. I am healthy since my practices are healthy.
7. I let go of the past so I can create health now.
8. I create health by expressing love, understanding and compassion.
Put Careful Thought Before Affirming
I am intelligent and know what I want. Additional Considerations For Positive Daily Affirmations
1. Because your experience will create the conditions that allow affirmations to manifest, word the affirmations carefully to make them crystal-clear. State your real, innermost desires and articulate your most expansive sense of self. Affirmations based on a narrow self-concept deliver results that fall short, cause suffering, and further diminish the sense of self.
2. Be deliberate in your affirmations. Spontaneous thoughts voiced out in an intense emotional state may produce undesirable effects, so consider many possible alternatives before choosing the affirmation to silently intone. Silent affirmations are more effective than spoken statements, because they entail more intensity of concentration and resonate through your entire body instead of in your surroundings.
3. Link your affirmations to actual daily actions to lay the ground for their manifestation. For instance, affirming that you will win the lottery can only be set in motion when you play in it.
4. Find a way to make it easy for you to do positive daily affirmations. You may find that it is not a habit for you to make these statements on a regular basis. To circumvent this problem, I have been using Subliminal Power, a software that sits on my PC, flashing out subliminal affirmations subtlely as I work. I figured this to be a better solution for me than using an audio, since I am on the PC more often and am not in the habit of listening to a music CD.
You can of course, choose to do a screensaver, using powerpoint slides, with all your positive affirmations in there. This is how my husband does his, on his laptop.
However, I feel that the effect is different. My affirmations get flashed unobstructively on my screen as I work, whereas my husband only gets to see his list of affirmations when he is not on his keyboard for a couple of minutes.
Article taken from: www.hubpages.com/hub/List-Of-Positive-Daily-Affirmations
Positive People, Positive Thinking, Positive Results!
Follow us on Twitter.com/mindpower365